March 2 – 4, 2018
Friday, 6 – 9 PM, Saturday and Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM
Instructor: Gwen Diehn
Description: Learn to see with the fresh eyes of a traveler and discover and draw wondrous things in your everyday life and surroundings. The class will build a sketchbook to facilitate exploration and learn how to use it in a sustainable practice of looking, seeing, and noting/sketching.
Students should bring to the class:
- one 50 page sketchbook with multi-media paper -size 9 x 12 from Cheap Joe or A.C. Moore, white or tan pages
- any specialty papers s/he would like to add to a sketchbook, such as vellum or tracing paper, sheets of watercolor paper, colored paper such as Canson (optional)
- bone folder or large paper clip
- awl or push pin
- straight sewing needle
- about ten yards of bookbinding thread (any color, waxed or plain) OR heavy dental floss
- favorite pen or pencil
- waterbrush or small paintbrush and small bottle for water.